Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday March 15, 2011

Hello reader

I have decided to start blogging/journaling again. I want a way to keep track of my fitness and what better way to keep accountable than to post here online.

Yesterday was Monday, and I was feeling quite exhausted from the weekend, so I went out for lunch and grabbed a ham, cheese and mustard sandwich. Nothing too fancy, but the fact that i opted out of going to the gym showed me how tired and lazy i was feeling. I am usually a gym rat on my lunch breaks. I 'hit' the gym 3-5 times a week.

After having a lazy lunch w/o any exercise I found myself snacking the rest of the afternoon on whatever I could find at my desk, which ended up being a chocolate FiberOne granola bar (140 calories), then 2/3 of a king size Hersey's Dark Chocolate bar (360 calories) and a Dole Pineapple Juice (150 calories).  So Just because I didn't get in any exercise during my lunch break I subconsciously consumed 640 calories in the period of 45 minutes!! My daily recommended calorie intake (I think) is around 1350 Total calories. And in 45 minutes I consumed 47% of my DAILY calories. Not good!! (And now I don't even want to try to count the calories I ate at the Hibatchi dinner I had that night!)

Hmmm, I need to fix my bad eating habits. I do tend to eat healthy foods but I didnt realize how much calories I was taking in verses how many calories I was expending throughout the day.

So for today I told myself I wanted to get to the gym, and I did! =) I did a cardio run on the treadmil for 31 minutes, lifted some hand weights for 10 minutes then did 50 situps - floor to knee. I'm guessing I burned about 335 calories. That left me pretty exhausted after all that. I had my shakeology protein shake with 1/3 scoop of whey protein to help with the muscle repair from lifting weights, which totaled around 200 calories. Then I had Progresso light Italian-Style Vegetable soup, which is 140 calories. I've only had water since and I'm not hungry to snack.

So for lunch today I consumed +340 calories and burned -335, so a total of +5 calories. Now that's a number I am a lot more proud of.

My plan for dinner is to keep it under 450 calories, and drink lots of water. I tend to get dehydrated towards the end of the day/night.

How was your day with food/calories?

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment